New Perspective


There she was......the girl.
The pool was semi-warm, the kids were splashing away and Sarah was swimming around, when she bobbled by......it's the same girl who wanted nothing to do with Sarah. The "rejector."

Except this time, she was by herself...no twin sister?

And Sarah, forgetting about the last incident, swam over to play with her.
My face was tense...uh oh.
Gulp.

But this time, the girl acknowledge her....even told her, her name..
..........what!?

The world isn't filled with demon children who neglect to give out names to innocent little girls???!!!
Ok, maybe not, DEMON children.
And maybe not innocent.

It was a good day.

But an upside down learning curve!

School doesn't seem so scary anymore.
It brought me back to grade school.
I remember having some REALLY bad, embarrassing days. But you have your friends to help you, laugh with you and build you up to a good one.
Or when one of your major crushes, you have been giggling about and writing notes for, has acknowledges your existence by stepping on your toe between classes.
Their are plenty of good days too.

Ah,Boys.
It's what got me through high school.


I don't know how I feel anymore. You want to shelter your kids. But, why?
But what am I asking for? For her to NEVER feel sad, lonely, upset or angry?
Do I really want her not to experience all of these emotions?
She already has on her own.
She will continue to in the future no matter how much I try to shield her from it.....something as little as a broken pencil could ruin her day. Then what, never let her use a pencil?

Do I worry about girl getting pregnant for kicks in High School....YES!
Do I worry about her drinking?....yes.
Do I worry about boys.......................................................

What do I want for her, what is the ideal life to live???
Do I want her to go to college for 24 years just to have to pay off loans for the rest of her life, and in return not even know if she will be guaranteed a job???
College is a good path to take, no matter the outcome, you still have the knowledge.
Or do I want her to settle down, get married and start a family???
Or an actress?
Photographer?

I guess she will figure out what she wants......but I think it's our responsibility to guide our kids in a certain direction that seems fit.....but what direction is that...??
I would be happy if she found a man, who truly loved her and started a family.....but is that something you want to guide her to???
Isn't COLLEGE the right choice?
What if that is not what makes her happy? Isn't that what you usually end up doing anyways after college, start a family?
What is going to make her feel fulfilled or accomplished?
I guess success in life is really determined by you.
I don't want her to feel she has to steer in a certain direction to be happy. 

I do know, I want her to appreciate what she has, instead of what she doesn't.
I guess we'll start there.

I just hope she stays happy.

Maybe not ALL the time.
But continues to be optimistic.
Tomorrow, you might get that name.










No comments:

Post a Comment