Weaner

My heart aches.
Sometimes my selfishness can overide my choices.
The right choice or wrong choice? 

Weaning?
When is a good time to do that?
The pressure builds with our society after baby turns one.
"Can't he drink milk now?" 


I don't mind nursing.
But, at night, I want sleep.

It's natural for babies to be this way.
Their is nothing wrong with it, he is not a "bad baby."

Last night, Ali got up with Noah to try to put him back to sleep without the assistance of a breast.
He has tried this MANY times, after my complaints of sleep deprivation, but only after a few short minutes of cries, I cave.
He is crying because he wants to nurse, it hurts my soul.
I just can't do it, not yet.

I was seriously considering weaning him.

My heart keeps screaming, slow down, enjoy these few years, these moments, the closeness, the want.
He is still a baby. Babies need their mommies. He needs me. He needs security.

It's hard. There will be a day when he will no longer need me.
My heart will ache and long to nurse him again, just once more.

This is the hard part about being a parent. Making the right choices. It's not meant to be easy.
The sacrifices we make as parents can lay the foundation for our children's futures.
Motivation Station.

More sleep, something I can give up.
So today is another day.
We will take it one at a time.

I need a brownie.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete