Zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket.

The first three months of Sarah's life was a blur of tears, nipple slips and poopy pants. Ugh, the freshness of being a new parent and knowing NOTHING about babies, especially breastfeeding, I felt like I was never going to think of my chest as a sort of pleasurable package again. And the teeth, oh god, the teeth that Sarah had sprouted.....well let's just say we ended it soon after.
There is always so much you want to ram down a new parents throat, like, OH you might just poop while you push your baby out, hope your husband has seen you poop before, because he is going to get an EXTREME close up of your butthole, OH, you might just suddenly start leaking through your shirt in the middle of a mall and have no idea you have quater size wet marks where your nipples are located, OH, you and your baby are not going to sleep for the first YEAR, OH, your husband and you are going to go at it......and not sexually.
BUT, soon life becomes a routine, with child, and you adapt, get comfortable and DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!

The most important thing I have learned is that all parents do things differently. I do not judge other children or parents, because we so easily do. You may think my child walking around the store, 8 feet ahead is "too lenient," but I think your child confined to the cart is, "too over protective."  I have learned to stop judging other parents, because we raise our kids the way we see fit. Is their really a bad parent out there?? Just because you let your kid watch T.V. and I don't, does not make me any better of a parent than you. You let your kid ride a bike without a helmet, I don't. But the way you see it is, "I did this when I was young and I was fine", and I see it as " well I don't want to take a chance" but each parent is loving equally, just differently. You want your kid to feel free like you did as a child so you let them ride with no helmet, because you love them, and I want you to be safer with a helmet because I love you too. So, in a sense, we all LOVE our kids, no matter how much T.V., games, breast or bottle we give them. We are making choices that we feel are right because we love our kids and want what we feel is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment