Glued

Yup, its 6:26 a.m., I am up, drinking my coffee, checking my emails. This has become a ritual for me for as long as I remember. Even when I was a hard core "partier," livin' the single life, I would wake up 6:30 a.m.and run to 7-11 for a crappy cup of coffee and some chalky Atkin's breakfast bar. Uck. That stuff can't be good for you, and for the record, don't try the Atkin's diet, I almost died from starch deprivation. BFL! (Bread for Life!)

I was thinking, ..... I think a lot, this is why I think having a blog will help me expel these thoughts. I am thinking about thinking, it's never ending.
I think, as a part of the mammal species, we need to socialize and be around other. Family is important, sometimes they drive you crazy, and sometimes, they're there when you crack.
I remember ( I remember a lot to), when I first met Ali, we would have late night soup eating with his father at the family table. Ali has a big family, and they all lived together, spaced out, but together.
I always felt awkward during soup time,they wouldn't talk much, and I HATE awkward silences, I avoid it like the word "juices" and "panties," uhhh, I avoid it so much so, that I have come to loath talking on the phone. I dread those 5 minutes of awkward silences you share with someone you are unfamiliar with. Gives me the chills. Anyways, we would sit down, slurp soup and chat, and this would usually be at night around 8:30 p.m., which was WAY past my bedtime, so I would be droopy from exhaustion, struggling to say SOMETHING.  They were probably wondering what Ali was thinking with his choice for a girlfriend who was extremely socially awkward and drunk. Sleep deprivation was like taking 3 shot of tequila for me. Not pretty.
Those moments I miss now. After moving out to New York I really bonded with his family. Now, I can't picture my life without them, and wish we could have late night soups again. It makes you want to live closer, because every time you are around each other you seem happier. When we left our weekly family dinner yesterday, Ali and I were talking and laughing... and I blurt out..."I had a great time." it sounded weird because I said it like I was on a date with his family or something, like, "Oh, we really hit it off." But, its true, I did have a good time. Why was dinner so fun? Why did I have this stupid smirk on my face?  I got to do my mother in laws hair and makeup, but I do that all the time? I got to have dessert, but that happens a lot to?
SO, what I want to know is, what is it about being around family that makes me so happy?

I FINALLY HAVE THE ANSWER!!!

My Sister in law, Laura has an infectious laugh and will usually laugh at my corny jokes, I know I can always joke with her, especially about gross and perverted stuff...My Brother in Law, Joe, I can always beat up and expect the same in return......My B.I.L Ahmet, I can always make fun of, wellllll, because he looks like a mix between PBS's Cailou and  Justin Timberlake......My S.I.L. Melissa, I know will always be dancing by my side.....My Brother in Law, Metin, who I can depend on to teach me something new.........My Sister in Law, Jessi, who will always get me to watch chick flicks that I normally wouldn't watch but end up enjoying..........My Mother in Law, Anne, who I can always talk with for hours about makeup and girly stuff........My mom, who will always answer the phone even when I have absolutely nothing to say and be there to talk to, along with my Aunt Stephy...my cousin Melissa, who makes me laugh like no one else.......My father in law..who guides me spiritually........and so on and so on.......

...so I got it!

Each family member boils into the pool of a perfect friend.....someone to laugh, dance, cry, joke, listen and help guide you through life.
I am grateful for that.
Thank you.

P.S. We should do this again sometime..wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment