Different

I turned to Ali one day when I was pregnant with Sarah and said, "I just feel like she is going to be different." He kinda looked at me like I was crazy. We had ultrasounds, she looked fine, she was growing at a perfect rate and moving around like normal.
But, for some reason I felt their was something different about her. I didn't know what it was?
Well, it all make sense now.
Our daughter is special.
Like, weird, special.
Apparently, I was so "weird" as a child, my parents thought I was mentally handicapped because I would be in another universe most of the time and not paying attention in school. I've seen videos, I had  that glazed over look of  "imagination land".
Half the time I was a mermaid, the other, Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
So, they did a series of  I.Q tests, to make sure I wasn't slow.
Turns out, I was smart!, just wierd.
When Sarah was born, she wasn't your typical baby. She wasn't all bubbly and smiley, cooing and laughing. She was observant and selective. She was very smart, but never let anyone know it. She like things a certain way and that was it. Now that she has gotten older, and her personality is blooming, we can kinda see her personality more. Especially now that she is around other kids her age.She's is in her own universe of fluff and pretend and full of humor, she cracks me up!  I couldn't be more proud.

Which brings me to my point.

We went to her preschool yesterday for the "Thanksgiving snack feast", I noticed the 4 year old's bulletin board filled with laminated turkeys' that had, "What I am thankful for" written on each one. I start reading....


  • I am thankful for my daddy- Dean
  • I am thankful for my dog- Zeus
  • I am thankful for my mommy - Allison


How cute!!! Some where even funny like...

  • I am thankful for Toy Story 3 - Caleb
  • I am thankful for my princess wand.- Natalia

I am SO excited to see what Sarah's was thankful for. So, I am searching for Sarah's, with a stupid smile on my face.  Will she say mommy or daddy? Noah maybe? Thumbelina?......
and then I read..........

  • I am thankful for tents. - Sarah


hmmmm
tents?
We have never been camping?
Does she know what a tent is?
tent?


LOL...like I said.
Never a dull moment.
Maybe we'll get her a tent for Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Meemer, I just love to follow your blog. It makes me laugh and smile everytime I read the stories. You have a definite talent for writing..

    ReplyDelete