Merry Holiday

Christmas time is coming!!!! This is my favorite time of year. OH YAH.
I don't know what it is?
Is it the coziness of warm blankets?
The twinkling lights outside? The smell of apple cider and pine? The snow?
Ugh, no.
The family togetherness? The gift giving? The tree???????????
Or is it the fact that my mother is a CHRISTMAS FANATIC and has bestowed this craziness onto me.
Yes, it's true. I am a Christmas junkie. I eat, breath and molest this stuff.
I roll around on top of pine needles just to smell like a Christmas tree. I play Christmas music in November and shop on black friday.
Now that we have kids, it's getting worse.

But....there's one small catch....

My husband is Muslim.

This was the only thing that was hard for us (me) to come to terms with.
Santa...or NO Santa?
The celebration of Jesus Christ's birthday was a given....but Santa??? He's make believe anyway???
Why not lie to your child and tell them there is an overweight old man with poor grooming habits sliding down your non-existent fireplace flying on reindeer with a shinning nose birth defect, that lights his way?
COME ON!
It's Christmas!!!

Well, luckily, we go to my mother's for Christmas every year, we can both be EXTREMELY festive together...literally, because we seem to be the only ones around. WEEELLL, at least we have each other to pump the other one up.  Their is NO frowning in December, we will make you festive whether you like it or not.
My poor husband, and stepfather have to endure this every year.
I see a glimpse of my future every time I visit my parents.
We end up crashing 2 days before Christmas and fighting about tinsel, or something stupid like bow placement.
My husband, being the great man he is, has accepted this whole, foreign, Santa thing. So, I think this year is going to be even more fun because Sarah is 4 and already amped about Christmas, thanks to my sudden random outburst of excitement..."SARAH, SANTA IS COMING!"
This sums it up.
She'll catch on.
Tis' the season!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Yay for Christmas!! I, too, am a Christmas junkie and now that we have children we get to relive the days when Santa and his sleigh were real and Rudolph and his shiny red nose too! It's a wonderful time of year to spend with the people you love. Can't wait to see you guys!

    P.S. I love reading these!

    ReplyDelete