ugh.

It's been an exhausting few days.
Having sick children is no fun. You can't go anywhere because your baby is quarantined and you are fighting exhaustion from sleepless nights.

Now, I feel like crap and my kids are full of energy. What gives?

My husband and I are exhausted.

We need some alone time, desperately.
We tend to get so wrapped up the kids, it leaves us no time for "quality time".
But, it's worth it.
We've accepted that, our time will come, when the kids get older. Doing things we liked to do, before kids, with have to wait, and we are okay with that.
It's their time now. We'll get our time back.
I am looking forward to the day  we can take a night away, just the two of us. We did that a lot when we first met. We would plan spontaneous trips to Lake Tahoe and Reno. Even with the kids, we would stay up in Lake George for a night, just to get away, but money is short now.Too short. I am almost thinking of getting a part-time job, just so we don't have to live sooooo frugally.
But, who needs trips anyway. We have fun now. We just do things more, "kid friendly", that's all.
Soon, our kids will be grown up and out of the house, living their own lives with their kids, and I will probably suffer from severe "empty-nest syndrome," and start begging the kids to come home.
We'll, not that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment