Santa

Ok.

I am obsessed with Christmastime.
Obviously.
Sarah is super excited too!
Buying gifts and wrapping them are so much fun and I can't WAIT for her to open her gifts to see her super happy face.

But the thing I don't understand, and never REALLY thought about until yesterday is Santa.
Santa?
We went to the mall yesterday and of course Santa was there.
Sarah is terrified of Santa. She won't even go NEAR his little "toyland"  We literally have to drag her across the floor screaming because she "doesn't want to seeeee sssaannntttaa."
And that is only to get passed, this isn't even the point where we have to get our annual picture with him.
Ugh.
I am desperately trying to save their relationship by saying to her "Honey, that is going to hurt Santa's feelings if you don't be nice to him."
I really don't know what to say? Sarah, don't act terrified?

This is so weird.

These are our first years of us being "Santa" and it's hard.

While we were at Barnes and Noble and I read to her, "The night before Christmas" by her favorite author, Mercer Mayer. Little Critter is familiar to her because we have most of Mercer Mayer books. Phew, something she can recognize, maybe it will warm her up to Santa.
So I am reading, her favorite little Critter is their, he's happy he made cookies, then BAM,  the big fat guy with a corny red suit! ......eek....... eatin' up all his cookies, drinking all his milk(shiver). Sarah asked "why is he eating all his cookies", ummmm well because you make Santa cookies to eat when he comes down the chimney/window???? Because he is a pedophile.
WEIRRRRRDDD!!!!!!!!!

Would I really want Sarah to be cool with some big fat hairy guy coming through her window saying "ho ho ho?"
My daughter is not a ho!

I stared at that Santa.
He looked so foreign in the book, Little Critter is some type of animal and the Santa was just too realistic.
Every time I see a fat guy with a beard, it's usually at a bar or something.
I was scared.

OKAY, who made this whole Santa thing up?

We need to re-write this story!
A fat caucasian man, FLYING in the sky with RAINDEER, one with a light up nose, he goes down your Chimney?, wears a weird red suit, ROSY CHEEKS?(creepy), has a house full of little BOY elves! and brings you presents ONLY if you are good, and SIT ON HIS LAP!??
Creeper

How are you supposed to make your child believe this??????????
Its so hard to explain all of this....it sounds so ......stupid...Yah, I went there...........why couldn't we make this MORE believable...How can little elves make an XBOX 360? Seriously?

I am struggling to make myself sound believable, and I keep slipping up and using the 'Santa Card' when I am mad, "Sarah, you better stop being naughty or Santa is not going.......... to .....come...in ..your..... window...(we don't have a chimney?)......some random night.......... because you don't have any concept of time yet....and bring you toys......!"

Sigh




.

1 comment:

  1. HI there. I am your newest follower. I found you on the Fence! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    I have 6 lovely handmade giveaways going on too so take a peek if you stop by. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    You have a beautiful family by the way

    ReplyDelete