"Judy"

"Judy" is my friend.
In cheesy, grammer school terminology she is
My Best Friend.

Right now, my best friend is carrying around these heavy 'chains' of problems that  her emotionally unstable, vindictive, cruel, ex-husband, keeps loading on her back.

He should be a professional Limbo Player, just when you think he can't get any lower, he does.
"How low CAN he go?"

From an outsider and her B.F.F., I am seeing these 'chains' around her neck weighing her down. I want so desperately to cut her free of them, carry these chains on my back. But I can't.
For most people, including myself, I would have fallen from the weight of it. 
But she hasn't.

This blog is about her.

With all of these chains that are difficult to live with, she does, and continues to do so, with a positive and optimistic view.

But, I can see that she is struggling towards a door.
This door is leading to a future.

A future without him. A future she wants so bad.
He keeps piling on more weight, more chains, more drama.  Making it harder for her to reach it.
She will.
She already is.

I used to be so angry.
Now, I am grateful. Someone like that who had a beautiful life and throws it away so easily will never live life.
They will never be happy.
You can not have a life you had, beautiful kids, and throw it away for something...... better?

My friend, you will never find something better. You'll find something temporary.

She deserves and will get someone better.

The grass isn't always greener.
Weeds will start to over-run that nice "green" grass of yours.
Their won't be enough chemicals or fertilizer to fix it.
You're "green" grass will turn brown and you'll be stuck with an ugly yard called your life.

The weeds are already growing.

Maybe I am still bitter.
For a while, Judy was still worrying about his health. Even when he had said so many hurtful things to her. She genuinely cared about him being okay, even considered helping him. He has problems.
I couldn't believe it.
She explained to me that he is still a human, a human being who needs help.
That is the kind of person she is.
Compassionate and Caring, even to those who are not.
I felt like an ass.

What a world we would live in if their weren't people like Judy.
I learned a lesson on humanity. On what kind of person I want to be.
Judy is an amazing person.
I have learned so much in the years of our friendship.

I aspire to be like her.

My best friend. :)




1 comment:

  1. I need a tissue. I'm not even joking a little bit. I'm blessed with so much in my life including having a best friend like you. I take a lot of strength from you and your words. Thank you so much for your everlasting friendship, love and support. It truly means the world to me.

    Love Always,
    Judy.

    ReplyDelete