Brainstormy




My daughter is bored. Real bored.

These winter day are killing me.
When your income is limited and your 'recreational money' is $20 a week.. It makes finding activities for your kids THAT much harder.

ISN'T ANYTHING FREE ANYMORE!!!!!?

Summer time is great, parks are open, grills are grilling and kites are flying. PLENTY of stuff to get that pent up energy out of my bubbly bucket of bursting diva..

Now........its bitter breezes and frozen fingers. Not cool.

My hobby is crafts. I LOVE to make things. I was so happy that Sarah was getting older so we could just sit all day and craft away, singing songs together and drinking hot cocoa.

Well,
about 20 minutes into it, she moves on to something else, while I'm left to finish crafting our glitter and pom pom construction paper Christmas trees, alone.

I was disappointed at first, I felt my daughter didn't want to spend the time doing crafts with me. I thought, "how could she not like all this glitter and playdough, glue and paint?" Isn't that what kids like to do??
But I reminded myself that these are the things that I like.
This is what I want her to like.
I forget she is her own entity that is living her own life, making her own decisions. She has decided she is not really into doing crafts, and I expected her to.

She likes watching movies.
I've embraced it, even though I cringe watching her sit down while we could be out exploring or doing crafts. My lesson to myself  is to not build up any expectation for what I want her to become, I'll then feel disapointment. So, I am going to support the decisions she makes as an individual.
Sometimes I control her to much.
It's easy now that she is little, the majority of her problems are wiping her fanny and zipping up her boots. Her hard decisions are what cereal to eat and "play or pee."

It's when she is deciding what birth control to use, or what body part to pierce.........
I'm screwed.
uuuuuugggggghhhhhhhh.
At least the library is free.




1 comment:

  1. You are such a great mom. This blog can be a book on how to parent... You have such a deep understanding of your children. You let your daughter be her own person, find her own self. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete