BFF

Sarah hates getting ready for school.

Especially when she wakes up late and is groggy.

She refuses to eat her cereal.
Has a major panic attack if she sees ONE raisin within five millimeters of her cereal bowl.
Runs through the house naked, protesting any sort of clothing, and completely paralyzes her body every time I am near her, making it extremely difficult to put on clothes and zip up boots.

She can do most of these tasks by herself, half the time she knocks your hand away stating, "I'm a big girl mommmmm." (emphasis on the mommmmm)

But not every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. This is an impossible task for her to accomplish between the hours of 7:30 a.m and 9:00.

Once at school, she waves to her friends, giggles, smacks my hand away when I help her with her backpack, gives me a kiss and is off on her merry way.

There is something fulfilling about your child making friends.
It's exciting. You want them to be laughing, talking and playing with other kids their age. It's important.
This is why my family and I wanted her in school, so she could make friends and socialize. We also want to make sure she clean up after herself, shares toys, is friendly and does not hit.

But, I've noticed that, the "parents" don't really socialize beyond the point of small talk about our kids or the weather.
We encourage her to make friends and be social. But, us "parents" are kinda........anti-social.
Maybe its because we don't have enough time or are busy doing our own thing.
Even when we have family days like, Thanksgiving snacktime, the parents really didn't talk.
Maybe we don't want to take it to that, "friend level."
It doesn't seem like we want to make friends with each other.
We are all secretly okay with keeping our relationships stagnant. 

Or, maybe I'm just the anti-social one.

I guess my point is that we encourage our kids to play well with other, get out there and make friends.
But we don't.


 I don't have many friends.  Now that I am no longer in high school, I only have a few I still talk to. What happened?
When I was in beauty school I made new friends, laughed, talked and played around. But after we graduated, I didn't see them anymore. I  miss them, but don't make the effort.

Why do we hermit ourselves?
I am a certified hermit.
I enjoy being around my family so much, that I don't want to do anything else. My days are filled up.


Maybe there is just no room for friends?
Maybe I should make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment