Gouge my eyes out!

The last four days have been less than thrilling.

It's either due to some illness, emerging teeth or crabby stomach, but my son Noah has been off the charts fussy.
I can not even leave the room he is in or waaaah
Look at him, waaaaahhhhh
Offer him food, waaahhhh
Drink, waaaaaaaahhhh
If Ali even touches him, waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The only time he is happy is when we are out doing things.
Which, is what we do.
When we are home, I can not sit down, or its "milk, milk, milk"
Not only have I completely lost the sacred-cy of breastfeeding
I kinda dread it.
It's fine when you have a sleepy newborn, or a bubbly infant,
but when you have a scratching, hitting, wriggling, kicking, biting toddler it's a whole other story.
I just take a deep breath and hold it until it's over.

Especially night time.
Which brings me to my misery.

My husband and I, fed up with the sleepless nights, decided we were going to DO THIS!! No more night nursing.....High five!

Let's just say breastmilk was crack.
Noah would be an open sore-d,  hopeless crack head, that even an episode of INTERVENTION couldn't cure..

That kid is NOT willing to give it up, he cried, and cried, and cried and cried....etc.


He refuses a sippy cup.
He HATES a bottle.
He HATES pacifiers.

I'm lost.
I have no idea what to do.
So we were up since 2:30 a.m., dazed, defeated and exhausted.............high five.

And on top of that, Sarah is having issues with her urinary tract. So, I had to take her to the doctors the next day.
BY MY SELF.
My husband has been with me for every doctors appointment since we had Noah. But, I felt today it was going to be fine. The kids are good. I can DO THIS!

Why didn't someone just shake me.

We got there 20 minutes early, the lady seem confused when I told her our appointment time, making me think, GREAT, our appointment (that I made that morning) didn't get scheduled.

Kids were good at this point, Noah kept wandering off, but Sarah was being good.

20 minutes past our appointment time, we get called.
Kids were still being good.

Then we wait in the room.
That damn room

After about 30 minutes waiting, Noah starts rolling around on the FLOOR refusing to be picked up. He is OBVIOUSLY bored with the cubicle of a room. He then starts slamming the door to the garbage under the sink, "bam bam BAM BAM BAM BAM" over and over and refused to stop.
Sarah was being good, but needed to pee. GREAT! Noah was not having it, so I carried a wriggly baby to the bathroom, set him down and he starts playing with the PLUNGER and once I take it away, he rolls all over the floor! ughh
After, the doctor FINALLY come is......the student doctor..........at this point, Sarah is anxious. Noah is bored and starts wanting "MILK MILK MILK" oh god..once he get's that in his mind, there is NO distracting him at that point...it's crack I tell ya..........so he starts shoving his hands down my shirt, crying hysterically snot bubbles everywhere..... and the doctor is asking me a million questions I have to scream to answer.....he tries to examine Sarah, so I had to put Noah down, mid-crisis, to help Sarah not freak out when they look in her ears.......Noah is throwing himself on the floor crying.......then the student doctor leaves to get the REAL doctor....great!!!!
We wait, at this point, SARAH starts crying, non stop, saying she doesn't want to be at the doctors anymore!!!! She is throwing herself on the examination table sobbing....Noah is, of course nursing, underneath Sarah's teeny sweater that barely covers anything..so I am helpless in consoling Sarah........Noah barely nursed, then proceeds to play with the computer wiring underneath the table.....frantically I found some NERD candies in my purse...HALLELUJAH!!!! That kept them busy for 2 minutes...finally the other doctor came....Noah is now on the floor rubbing himself all over the dirt and contagious diseases, he climbs on a stool and just stands atop it like a mountain lion...the doctor was like "oh no buddy you might fall"...then he moves on and starts playing with the metal stirups BAM BAM.....the student doctor was like "oh no buddy, that might hit your head".......I'm staring at him like, just LET him play with the DAMN stirup!!!!! During Noah's extreme naughtiness, Sarah is crying hysterically because she is tired, in pain and doesn't want them looking at her "veggies".....
Then they told us she needed to pee in a cup.
I almost cried. Really.
She just went pee. It was already so late....
I wanted to roll on the floor and cry along with Noah.

After all of that, and we were finally done,
I just sat there, staring at the wall. Sarah and Noah both wailing.

It was probably one of the top ten worst days of motherhood.

I barely survived.

We were there for 2 horrendous hours.
My  husband and I had plan to go see a movie, but I made it home at 4:10 p.m. exactly when the movie started. We didn't go.
So, it was kinda a frustrating day to say the least.........
UGH!!


But the day before I got this funny video of Noah, this is kinda what he was doing all over the floor of the office....









No comments:

Post a Comment