There it was.

As I was driving down the highway, I noticed car after car with licenses plates from all over, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey....wow......... then.... there it was..................




It hurt.
Sarah doesn't even know what or where that is.
All she has known is New York.
California was my home. Where I grew up.Where my other half of my family is.
She doesn't understand she has a whole side of her family across America.

Or what consecutive sunshine is.
Or what our old pizzeria pizza tasted like.
Or Sushi Mambo and Marine World.
I realized I still hold on to California, like one day I am just going to wake up and look out my window and see the sun shining again and the sounds of hot air balloons.

It's hard to let go.
I really miss being there.

"Home is where you make it," said Erin (my b.f.f.).
It's true. 
My home is here now.
I have to let go.
Or wake up.

It's these winter days that kill me.

I have to embrace the snow I guess, rub it down.
Be ONE with it.
Its the only way I am going to survive.

Maybe I'll go tubbing.










1 comment:

  1. Always remember that Sarah knows "family" wherever she is. No matter if it is sunny always, or snowing occasionally, she is loved and that is what is most important. I know it must be hard to let go of the place where you grew up and the place where you hold so many precious memories. Always remember that you are loved no matter where you live :) The same goes for Sarah and Noah. I love you guys whether you are in New York, California, or here with me in Maine. Think positive....spring is coming!!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete