I failed

Last Friday, the preschool "sign-out" clipboard circled around to me.
Miss Amy, Sarah's preschool teacher, said, "Pajama day is Monday."
I looked down at the clipboard, as I scribbled my signature I noticed a sticky note stating the same thing.
I thought to myself, "I should really write this down."

Once I got Sarah into the car, she excitedly told me they were going to wear pajamas at school.
WHAT?!!
She is showing excitement about a school activity!
"Yes, Miss Amy told me you were going to have a pajama day," I said.
Maybe I will facebook Zeus's mom for the date, when I get home.

I forgot.

That Friday had been chaos.
I was running late, I scrambled to find her snow pants and gloves with no success.
The kids had been playing inside the past week due to frigid weather, so I was hoping that today was the same, it was cold.
Nope.
They went outside that day. She had no gloves.
Fortunately the teacher had extra snow pants. She was whining about her freezing hands, they were ice cold. My heart sunk, deep.
She had been playing in the snow with bare hands. UGH!

So, Monday comes, a new day. I have her snow pants ready, her under sweater, an EXTRA sweater, gloves, hat, big jacket.
I was ready.
We even got ready 20 minutes early, so I did something fun with her hair. She had her cute B.F.F. shirt and dark wash skinny jeans on...She was stylin'.
I thought "man, I really need to get the date of Pajama day, so I don't forget."

Too late.

Ali said that she looked around and saw all the other bobbling kids in their Transformer and Tinkerbell P.J.'s and said "OH NO, daddy we forgot our P.J.'s!!"
He told me this 10 minutes after we dropped her off.

10 minutes too late.
I couldn't bring her P.J.'s now, they were doing circle time.

I called my mom distraught. She told me "I am SURE other parents forgot".....
I took comfort in knowing I wasn't the only one.

NOPE.
I was the only one.

It was then I cried.

And they didn't even go outside.



I thought it was funny that I was crying and she was not.
Luckily she didn't seem upset, so it made it easier.
I dwelled on it, of course.
 Mother of the Year over here.

Well, Kindergarten registration is today.
It will be a start to better organization.










5 comments:

  1. Aw :( Don't worry. You're not a bad mom. This stuff happens. I forgot Novalee's snow pants the other day, so because of this, NONE of the kids could go outside and play...I feel your pain. But it happens, and Sarah still has a wonderful mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. I think this is the beginning of a long list of things I will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I don't understand why you did not just go back and get her jammies. You are right you know, kindergarten is a whole different level of parenthood and then it never gets any easier. Life is already hard, don't be hard on yourself as well. We love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was too late at that point. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU KNOW AMBER, YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER, JUST KNOWING THAT YOU WOULD CRY OVER IT TELLS ME JUST HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HER!!! BUT, MAN WERE YOU STUPID TO FORGET HER STUPID PAJAMAS, WHAT AN IDIOT!!! LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete