Piece

It's been so long. The sun, the warmth.
Yesterday was a nice day.
Nice for New York.
Sunny, upper 40's.

But the sky was clear, so the sun could seep into my pores.
Ahhh, Vitamin D, I've missed you.

We went to our favorite hiking trail down to our favorite waterfall. Even though the snow is still sporadic on the ground, the base of the waterfall was melted, revealing an abundance of rocks that make great artillery.

Who knew this was so much fun.

The thing that got me was, this was the place I would come with Sarah when I was pregnant with Noah.
The waterfall, the sun...I remember those summer days so well. The water was flowing, the sun was shining on my face, Sarah was playing with bugs on the rocks.
I felt total peace.
This vision is what got me through child birth. Forcing myself to remember that moment, that feeling.

And there he was, throwing 'not so little' rocks with his little hands into the water, growling  like a lion.

He has grown into a little boy.

I gazed at my husband, daughter and son, throwing rocks into this, Vision of Peace.

Life is amazingly beautiful sometimes.








No comments:

Post a Comment