No Rain


The Honest Weight Food Co-op, my second home.
LITERALLY.

It's a beacon of light in downtown Albany.
It's an Organic vessel of local/organic/fair trade fruit, vegetable and grass-fed/ free range meats.
On top of that, they serve a variety of fresh baked good, breads, muffins, pastries,
Sandwiches, salads, pasta, hot dishes, daily soups, a whole specialty cheese haven and fresh squeezed juices. On top of that they teach free classes about, well, everything. 
I am in love.
I have been for 3 years.

WELL, we are FINALLY members!!

This Co-op is community owned, in order to get a discount you have to be a member. You buy one 'share' for $100 (which you can do in a 6 YEAR payment plan) and immediately get 2%. If you want, you become a volunteer worker, work 4 hours a month and get 10%. You volunteer for 4 hours a week, you get 26%. You schedule yourself when you can.


It was a big day for me.

During the orientation I was so giddy I had to calm myself.
I was surrounded by people who felt as passionate about food as I was.
We talked GMO's.
We talked about importance of animal diets.
We talked about gardening and heirloom seeds.

WOW. I could have hugged everyone in that room and brought a guitar and sang songs.

THERE IS EVEN A RALLY to support farming in New York State......

It feels awesome to know I am  fulfilling my  passion, and I am taking bigger steps to get there.
I'm not a baby anymore, I am an adult, I take adult steps.

It makes my drive to be a Nutritionist even stronger, I feel my path is finally laying out before me. I am getting involved, the way I have wanted to.

I just needed to become a member.




2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Amber. Feeling your love and passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. I am no where as educated as you about the disgusting "food" available at the store, but I know I am fed up with crap food that I feel more like eating the dirt out side cause I would feel more satisfied to have natural, mineral, fresh food in my mouth...even if it is dirt. I have been trying to find this co-op, and told my husband I FINALLY have found it! We both are excited to become members!

    ReplyDelete