Fanny Cheeks

Oh man.

Last night, I had an epiphany.

A good one.

We all like good ones.


This weekend, I worked both days.
In case you don't know. I have two jobs.
My full time job is managing a low-income housing community. I enjoy this job. Love my peeps.

The other job, I run a photo booth...... You know. Like this....



I'm the girl that lures you in.

Its great, you get to travel all over, see exciting new areas of this state, see amazing venue places, eat good food and be a huge part in someone's special day. I love it!

I have my kids 50/50, so this is a great way to fill the space on days I do not have them. Make that money too baby!

Who doesn't want to be richer? And by richer I mean, able to pay your extremely high car payment for a Jeep with no Air Conditioner richer. Like, Starbucks once a WEEK richer. Like, oh shit, I'm gunna buy that high priced bread with less preservatives, rich.

Baller.

I don't normally work both days on weekends, actually...I haven't worked in a few months doing this second job. Slow season.

But this weekend, I had a Wedding Expo to do. I was hired to run and market our latest and greatest photo booth, the magical talking mirror!
So cool.

So, Friday night, all day Saturday & Sunday day. I would be away from home. Away from my kids. Away from my couch, away from my weekend and my lazy duties I so lovingly fulfill on these days.
This is not typical. Our weekends are usually our relaxation/family/explore time.
Our..... 'make up for all the homework and rushing time.'

So finally, after a long weekend and less than the normal amount of sleep. (I love sleep)
Sunday night, I get out and go to pick up my kids.

Things are great, we do our typical nightly shenanigans......dinner, games, talk at the table, laugh. My kids are hysterical, seriously. The funny thing about parenting is your kids grow up, and they TOTALLY establish your sense of humor, so everything you do is funny to them, and vise versa.

you complete me.


At this point, I'm exhausted though.

And we still had the bedtime routine, shower, brush, read, bed.

BUT THERE IT WAS......

As my little son was about to get in the shower I noticed a large sliver on his knee. I've heard other people call this different names, but its a sliver of wood in your skin. Ya know. sliver.

Me being a female. I love to groom, pick at and pet things I love.

I love my son.

So I am coaxing him into allowing me to get this thing out......

Now, my son is a very sensitive person. I mean, he is SO in tune with his feelings and the feelings of others. He never likes to hurt anyone, or make them feel bad. He picks flowers for girls. He's been in love with a girl named Ashley at school since kindergarten. He is set on marrying her and only her. He's suave.  He just recently confessed to using a tiny travel size Axe's deodorant daily? (I can't even make this stuff up). He says the sweetest things always like, mommy you are the best mom, you're so pretty. Everyday. I couldn't ask for a better son. Really.

So when I tried to yank this motha sliva out, he screams out in pain, "mommyyyyyy you are hurting meeeeeee!!!!" "Ahhhhhggghh it hurttttssss"
SO loud.
I barely even touched it.

Feeling frustrated and tired, I complied with his request and let it go for the night.

Now, if you remember from my other blog. My ex is now dating a nurse. (Who's 25, natural blonde, drives a Prius, is a good person and loves my kids, etc....you know... perfect)

SO, now that she is living with my ex. My son has a 24/7 nurse.

I am not a nurse.

In fact, if there is ANY sign that my kids are about to vomit........ I'M OUT!

If I see a booger on..... or near me...... I'M OUT!

If you are bleeding more than a small cut..........I'M OUT!

So, about 10 minutes later....my son is still whining that it hurts. I kept explaining to him that I had to do it, I don't want it to get infected, I needed to get it out, blah blah. You're fine, you're fine....A part of me wanted him to kinda, "man up" and take it, and not be SO sensitive about things......because again, as parents, we don't have a handbook. You never know the right thing to do.

Basically, I was tired. it was bedtime for all of us, my bed was calling my name.

So a little later he started choking back his tears........he didn't want to bother me by saying I hurt him anymore. So he said quietly to me....

Well, *sniff*, can you please make sure to call Daddy and Coco (my ex's gf ) in the morning and have Coco take care of my knee to make it feel better then? *sniff*

I just looked at him.

Immediately my brain was like...........SHOT TO THE HEARRRTTTTT AND YOUR TO BLAMMMMME YOU GIVE LOOOOOOOOOOVE A BAD NAMEEEE.
For all those youngin' out there, that's some Bon Jovi shit. YouTube it.

Makes the ladies purr


FAIL!

I just scooped him up and hugged him......then he started to sob and tell me it really hurt him.
He just let those tears flow.
Let it go baby.

UGH!

Talk about lack of support. GAWWWWD!

#momfail

All he needed was a hug. From his mom.

Not a band aid the next DAY.
Ugh.

He doesn't need to man up. He's is a great human being, why wouldn't I support that? Why try to make him totally out of touch with how he truly feels by 'man-ing up' and avoid things like pain?
Am I afraid he is going to grow up and have some pretty, shallow girl tell him he's too sensitive for thinking of her feelings and dumping him because he's "too nice"?

I want a secure kid.

I'm also really happy he loves her. She loves him.

Sometimes we just need a hug.

Until next time.

Amba

1 comment:

  1. y8 เป็นผู้เผยแพร่เกมและก็ผู้พัฒนาเกม แพลตฟอร์ม Y8 เป็นโซเชียลเน็ตเวิร์กที่มีผู้เล่น 30 ล้านคนและก็กำลังเติบโต พีจี สล็อต ออนไลน์กับพวกเราได้ทุกที่ทุกๆเมื่อนิยมได้เงินจริง

    ReplyDelete